From Matthew Graham at Mortgage News Daily: Mortgage Rates Roughly Unchanged From FridayAs the new week begins, mortgage rates are almost perfectly in line with those seen on Friday afternoon. Putting that in context, last Thursday and Friday marked the highest rates in weeks although Friday was quite a bit better. In both cases and again today, the average lender is just over 7% for a top tier conventional 30yr fixed scenario. [30 year fixed 7.04%]
• At 8:00 AM ET, Corelogic House Price index for June
• At 10:00 AM, Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey for June from the BLS.
• Also at 10:00 AM, ISM Manufacturing Index for July. The consensus is for the ISM to be at 46.5, up from 46.0 in June.
• Also at 10:00 AM, Construction Spending for June. The consensus is for no change in construction spending.
• All Day, Light vehicle sales for July from the BEA. The consensus is for light vehicle sales to be 15.5 million SAAR in July, down from 15.7 million in June (Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate).