Note: Mortgage rates are from MortgageNewsDaily.com and are for top tier scenarios.
• At 8:30 AM ET, The initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is for 206 thousand initial claims, up from 201 thousand last week.
• Also at 8:30 AM, Gross Domestic Product, 2nd Quarter 2023 (Third Estimate), and Corporate Profits (Revised) The consensus is that real GDP increased 2.2% annualized in Q2, up from the second estimate of 2.1%. “BEA will release initial results from the 2023 comprehensive update of the National Economic Accounts, which include the National Income and Product Accounts as well as the Industry Economic Accounts, on September 28, 2023.”
• At 10:00 AM, Pending Home Sales Index for August. The consensus is 1.0% decrease in the index.
• At 11:00 AM, the Kansas City Fed manufacturing survey for September. This is the last of the regional surveys for September.
• At 4:00 PM, Conversation with Fed Chair Powell: A Teacher Town Hall Meeting “Federal Reserve Board Chair Jerome H. Powell will host a town hall with educators in Washington, D.C. and nationwide via webcast … The Chair will respond to questions from the in-person audience and virtual participants from across the country.”